Who We Are
chrysalis (kris-uh-lis): the cocoon of a butterfly or moth
Our name and butterfly logo symbolize the transformation people undergo as they work to change their lives.
Chrysalis Center, Inc. is a non-profit organization based in Hartford, Connecticut that provides social services and develops affordable housing. We help people living in poverty who struggle with mental illness, substance abuse, HIV/AIDS, release from incarceration and homelessness.
Chrysalis Center provides supportive services to assist people in need to transform their lives. Getting help…Getting better…Giving back.
- The State of Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
- The State of Connecticut Department of Social Services
- The State of Connecticut Department of Correction
- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- HOPWA Program (Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS)
- Allocated by the City of Hartford
- The United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut
We are grateful to the foundations, corporations, houses of worship and individuals who also provide generous financial support.
Chrysalis Center is accredited by CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) for:
- Community Case Management and Supportive Housing Services
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation Services