Chrysalis Center, Inc. is a private, non-profit multiservice organization that serves individuals and families living in Hartford and surrounding areas.
Chrysalis helps those living in poverty, Veterans, women and children, young adults and individuals who are struggling with mental health, addiction, HIV/AIDS, those returning from incarceration and homelessness. Through job training, employment services, housing and other community healthcare services, Chrysalis Center helps individuals transform their lives.
chrysalis (kris-uh-lis): the cocoon of a butterfly or moth
Our name and butterfly logo symbolize the transformation people undergo as they work to change their lives.
- Farmers MarketFarmers travel from all over Connecticut to bring fresh vegetables, fruits and flowers, as well as homemade goodies, to our Farmers' Market.
- FreshplaceFreshplace is a fresh food pantry serving the Upper Albany and Asylum Hill neighborhoods in Hartford.
- Green Door GalleryThe Green Door Gallery offers space to showcase artistic talents of those we serve as well as community members.
- La CocinaLa Cocina (“the kitchen”) is a commercial kitchen offering culinary arts training for low-income individuals.
- Railway GardensRailway Gardens is a volunteer effort to grow fresh foods for patrons of the Freshplace food pantry.